Chitika

Chitika

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A First for Being Bold and Daring

For almost three weeks now,  I've started client hunting over at oDesk.  Every aspiring virtual assistant should be familiar with this online hub where job seekers and job employers meet and do an exchange of services.  For about a week, I built my resume and portfolio.    It's a must for VA's to have a comprehensive resume and portfolio. It's easy.  You too can start it now.


Armed with my resume, I started to spread the 'good news' to about 10 employers that I could be the best out there to fufill their service requirements.  Out of the 10, 1 heeded my call and requested for an interview:


Yahooo!  At least 1 took notice.  Actually, the posting stated that the employer needed someone with at least 4-star feedback and at least one hour odesk job experience. Me?  I had zero.  Yet, I boldly stated in my cover later that 
"I am taking a shot at the moon applying for this post.  I still do not have any Odesk work experience.  I am sorry if I pursued this, inspite of your specifications to have Odesk work and feedback.  Yet, I believe that I have the makings of a "mogul", with an openness to learn, gain and enhance my online skills and be a well rounded team player. ..."  
It really pays to be bold and daring oftentimes... For three days now, we've exchanged messages ---throwing more questions at me and asked me to submit a sample work.  Now, it's the waiting game...hoping, wishing, praying...no matter what the result is, I'll wear a smile on my face and keep that bold and daring spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment