Chitika

Chitika

Monday, November 15, 2010

My First 'This is It!'

The image above is a screenshot from my oDesk notification box sent by a client for the VA job that I applied to.  It says " I would like to give you a 30 day paid trial period to see if we work well together.  Are you ok with this?  If so, how soon could you start? "

Michael Jackson declared 'This Is It!' when he was about to give one of the greatest and final performances of his music life.  He was preparing for the consummation of his music career...then we all knew what happened next.   When I got the message above, I also said to myself, 'This Is It!'  Meaning, I mark this message as a new beginning of my career in working online and working and earning from home.  Due to some reasons, I'm still not quite ready yet to do this full time.  But I've given myself a deadline, then I'm out of the traditional office rat race.  This is a good place to start for me now.  'This Is It!'  The first step, as Lao Tsu said, could lead to a thousand journeys...and for me, I claim,  thousands of satisfied clients, thousands of dollars, hundreds and thousands of hours more time spent with my family :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment